- In order to reserve a custom cake for your event date, a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required. Without this deposit, we cannot reserve your event date.
- All final payments are due one month prior to your event date. If payments are not received by the agreed upon and specified due date, your order may be cancelled without deposit refund.
- Due to our full schedule and personalized product customizations, refunds are not offered.
- If the event is rescheduled, your deposits can be transferred to the new event date. This transfer is dependent upon availability, and expires within six months of the original event date.
- Once the nonrefundable deposit is processed, a full sketch of your cake will be emailed to you for confirmation. Design changes can be made up to two months before the event.
- Additional charges may apply depending upon the scope of changes requested.
- Any cake/cupcakes placed outside during an event has the possibility of melting or changing form due to weather conditions (such as, but not limited to, heat, wind, rain, and humidity). We are not liable for a cake/cupcakes once it has been delivered or picked up.
- There is a $50 delivery charge within the city, and a $100 outside the city within 30mins. We will not deliver beyond this point.
- If you choose to pick up and transport your cake to your venue, we are not liable or responsible for the cake once it has left the bakery.
- Cakes of four or more tiers will require our delivery due to increased risk of transportation damage if not properly handled.
- We always provide venues with accurate cake instructions (such as storage, serving temperature, serving time, saving the top tier, etc.) and trust that they will follow these guidelines. If, however, they do not follow these guidelines, we are not responsible for their error. Please be sure to discuss these specifications with your wedding venue consultant as well. We are happy to provide additional copies of our serving information upon request.
- All items may contain: nuts, dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, and other allergens. Please discuss any allergies or sensitivities with the pastry chef.
- Cake stand/cupcake stands and all other rentals must be returned within five business days of the event conclusion. Customer agrees to pay full replacement fee if these are not returned on time and/or are returned damaged (not in the condition they were given). A deposit of $150.00 must be paid one month prior to your order, which is fully refunded upon the return of all on-time and undamaged rentals.
Artistic License Disclaimer
- Every cake is handmade by our cake decorators and is subject to artistic interpretation. You may provide us with photographic inspiration for your order. We reserve the right to make minor changes to the design at any point in the process in order to benefit the aesthetic, as seen fit by our cake decorators.
- We make every effort to match your colours. However, to get as close as possible, please provide us with a colour swatch. Also, food-grade dyes may sometimes be difficult/impossible to match. Darker colours have a tendency to darken further with time, humidity, and heat. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a perfect colour match.
- We photograph our cakes and reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotional uses without client compensation or permission.
- Tastings include up to five cake/buttercream flavour combinations and are subject to a standard tasting fee of $25.00/ Additional products will be subject to additional fees which will be quoted at the time of booking.
- During your initial consultation, we will discuss the design of your cake, so please bring any pictures, invitations, colour swatches, inspirational images, etc., that will better help us customize your cake. The tasting lasts 45min-one hour, and we ask that you arrive on time in order to ensure your allotted full hour.
- We promise to do everything in our power to deliver you a cake that exceeds your expectations. We will work with you on every level to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy with your order. In the event that certain creative changes may be made to your final design for the sake of stability, structural integrity or other certain emergencies. You will be contacted. Based on our experience and artistic knowledge, Buttercream By Alareen reserves the right to slightly alter or change the design of the cake should we feel it will benefit the
overall outcome and look of the cake.
- In the case of an emergency or an error in your delivery, please contact us
immediately so we can fix the issue right away! If you are unhappy with your cake for any reason, please call us the day of your event and explain the situation. In the rare case that you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, you
must call the day of your event so your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for your event, we will be unable to refund any portion of your payment.